Aadhaar holders can now update address without submitting new address proof – Now possible for Aadhaar holders to update their address without submitting any new proof of address. Here’s how it works.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has introduced a new method for changing or updating the address on an Aadhaar card. This new process allows Aadhaar holders to make these changes without the need to provide any supporting documents. Previously, it was necessary to submit proof of a new address in order to update the address on an Aadhaar card.
Aadhaar holders can now update address without submitting new address proof
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has introduced a feature that allows residents to update their address in their Aadhaar online with the consent of the Head of the Family (HoF). This feature will be particularly useful for family members such as children, spouses, and parents who may not have their own documents to update their address in their Aadhaar. In an official release, UIDAI stated that this HoF-based online address update in Aadhaar will be “of great help” to these individuals.
To change the address on an Aadhaar card, residents can submit Proof of Relationship documents such as a ration card, mark sheet, marriage certificate, passport, or other information that shows the applicant’s relationship to the Head of Family (HoF) and includes the names of both parties. If these documents are not available, the resident can submit a self-declaration in the prescribed format from the HoF. The update will be authenticated with an OTP sent to the HoF.
This new feature will be useful for millions of people who move within the country for various reasons, as it allows them to update their address on their Aadhaar card without the need for proof of address documents. It should be noted that this is in addition to the existing method of updating the address on an Aadhaar card using proof of address documents that are accepted by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The UIDAI has confirmed that any individual over the age of 18 can act as the Head of Family (HoF) and share their address with their relatives through this process.
How to change address on Aadhaar card
- To access this feature, you can go to the My Aadhaar portal at https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- To update your address online, you can choose the new option that is provided.
- You will need to enter the Aadhaar number of the Head of Family (HoF). To protect the privacy of the HoF, no other information about their Aadhaar will be displayed on the screen.
- After successfully validating the Aadhaar number of the Head of Family (HoF), you will need to upload a Proof of Relationship document.
- There is a fee of Rs 50 for this service.
- Upon successful payment, you will receive a service request number (SRN) and an SMS will be sent to the Head of Family (HoF) regarding the address update request
- The Head of Family (HoF) must log into the My Aadhaar portal and approve the request within 30 days of receiving the notification in order to give their consent for the update. The request will then be processed.
It is important to note that if the Head of Family (HoF) declines to share their address or does not accept or decline the request within 30 days of the SRN being created, the request will be closed. You will be notified of the closure of the request via an SMS. If the request is closed or rejected due to non-acceptance by the HoF or rejection during the process, the fee will not be refunded to the applicant.
Souce : MSN Money
Read more News : Best Method to Save Tax in India in FY 2021-22