Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY) is a flagship scheme of the Government of India launched in 2015 to provide irrigation facilities to farmers across the country. The scheme aims to:

  • Expand the area under assured irrigation
  • Improve on-farm water use efficiency
  • Promote the adoption of precision irrigation
  • Conserve water

Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY): Benefits, Eligibility & Key Features

Components of PMKSY

PMKSY has three components:

  • Har Khet ko Pani: This component aims to create new water sources for irrigation, including minor irrigation projects, water conservation measures, and renovation of existing water bodies.
    Har Khet ko Pani component of PMKSY
  • Per Drop More Crop: This component aims to promote the adoption of micro-irrigation, which is a water-efficient irrigation method.
    Per Drop More Crop component of PMKSY
  • Watershed Development: This component aims to improve water conservation and management in watersheds.
    Watershed Development component of PMKSY

Funding for PMKSY

The total budget for PMKSY for the period 2022-2027 is ₹10 lakh crore. The central government will provide 60% of the funding for the scheme, while the state governments will provide the remaining 40%. Also read: Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana

Progress of PMKSY

As of March 2023, PMKSY has achieved significant progress. The scheme has helped to create new irrigation potential of over 70 million hectares. It has also helped to improve on-farm water use efficiency by over 10%.

Impact of PMKSY

PMKSY has had a positive impact on the lives of farmers across the country. The scheme has helped to increase agricultural productivity, improve farmers’ incomes, and reduce rural poverty.


PMKSY is a major initiative of the Government of India to improve irrigation facilities in the country. The scheme has had a positive impact on the lives of farmers and has helped to boost agricultural productivity.

Disclaimer: Our website ( is not a government run website, nor does it have anything to do with any government ministry. This blog is written with collective news from google search engine. We try our best to provide accurate information to our readers, but despite our best efforts, the possibility of error cannot be ruled out. We always recommend to check and read the official website. If you find any mistake in any article, you are requested to please inform us and we will make changes.

Similar Posts

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *